Welcome to Jonesville UMC
We seek to find harmony with God, each other, ourselves, and creation by following Jesus’ example.
We discover community through education, service, Sunday services, and fun experiences for all ages.
We seek to encourage acts of love, service, and justice in our community, local and worldwide.
We welcome your visit and your inquiries. If you have no faith community to call home, we invite you to participate with us and make Jonesville UMC your church home!
Step 10: Keep Watch Over Yourself (1Corinthians 2:10-16)
‘“Those who are spiritual discern all things, and they are themselves subject to no one else’s scrutiny. “For who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.”’ (1 Corinthians 2:10-16)
They say that falling in love is easy, but choosing to stay in love is the hard part. I don’t know whether that is true or not, but I think the point they’re trying to make is that it is tough to stay in love. Likewise, I am not sure whether getting sober is easier than staying sober, but I may agree that there are difficulties in staying sober since we witness many cases in which many people relapse into whatever they were addicted. What is it that we need to do to stay sober? Step 10 deals with this question, and one slogan comes to my mind – “Keep awake!”
Come and join us in the Jonesville UMC in-person service at 10:30am on Sunday or meet us in the streaming service at Jonesvilleumc.org at the same time.
Click on the link above to see how you can support them and what they have been up to.
Click on the link above to sign up. In the new screen, click “Sign Up”, and then click on the large orange button at the bottom “Submit and Sign UP”. Be sure to tell us your name and email address.
Beginning Thursday, September 9th via Zoom from 6:30pm-7:45pm
This is a 12-week study on Thursday evenings.
Click above to see policy and guidelines including:
Worship Safety Changes
Safety protocols for children
JUMC Outreach Missions of the Month for October are:
We will be giving to this Mission throughout October. To compliment this effort on Saturday, October 16, 2021, we are planning to walk Bob and Mary Vawter’s Neighborhood!
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Motor Neuron Disease (MND), Lou Gehrig’s Disease, and Charcot’s disease, is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that attacks motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord. This results in the wasting away of muscle, loss of movement and eventual paralysis. There are an estimated 30,000 people living with ALS in the United States at any given time. Every 90 minutes, someone is diagnosed with ALS. About 90% of all ALS cases are sporadic with no known history of the disease in a family. The remaining 10% of cases are known as familial ALS.
Located in Beverly, Kentucky is the most comprehensive mission effort of the United Methodist Church, providing ministries that are spiritual, physical, social, economic, and educational.
Please take and fill Shoe boxes that are on the Joys n’ Concerns table for Red Bird Mission. The list of items needed is inside each box. Please fill your box with full size personal hygiene items. Please label your box for the intended recipient – boy, girl, man, or woman. To help with the transportation costs a donation of at least $1.00 per box is suggested. Please place the money in an envelope and attach it to the outside of the shoebox. Please do not put money inside the shoeboxes.
There is a collection box on the table for NEW baby blankets, NEW twin size sheet sets, NEW children’s and adult clothing (any sizes) which are also needed. Used or gently used items CAN NOT be accepted due to hygienic and safety issues. Thank you for your support of this mission.
If you can help, please go to the website www.jonesvilleumc.org to donate online (click on the donate now link and scroll down to JUMC outreach and enter your donation in the space provided). Checks can be sent to the church and should note “October Mission of the Month”. Please designate which mission you are giving to on the memo line.
Please bring your redeemable soda cans/bottles to Fellowship Hall to donate to the mission of the month. Remove the pop tops from the soda cans and save for Shriner’s Hospital. These little pop tops mount up to pounds of aluminum!
Thank you for participating in JUMC Outreach efforts. As you consider giving, be encouraged by clicking on the links below to see the impact we are making in our community.