Welcome to Jonesville UMC
We seek to find harmony with God, each other, ourselves, and creation by following Jesus’ example.
We discover community through education, service, Sunday services, and fun experiences for all ages.
We seek to encourage acts of love, service, and justice in our community, local and worldwide.
We welcome your visit and your inquiries. If you have no faith community to call home, we invite you to participate with us and make Jonesville UMC your church home!
Love (John 3:16; 1 John 4:19-21) Second Sunday of Advent
“We love because he first loved us. Those who say, “I love God,” and hate their brothers or sisters, are liars; for those who do not love a brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen.”
If there is only word you can use to describe what the Christian teaching is about, what word would you choose? There may be some other words to describe it, but I would personally choose “love,” which, I think, may be justified biblically too. For example, 1 Cor 13:13 says that love is the greatest. Jewish prayer called “Shema Yisrael,” which is made up of bible verses from Deuteronomy 6:4-5, also talks about love. The greatest commandment is also about love. Jesus’ life, teaching, and discipleship is also about love. I can say that God’s will upon our lives is to love. Do we make that as the goal of our lives?
Come and join us in the Jonesville UMC in-person service at 10:30am on Sunday or meet us in the streaming service at Jonesvilleumc.org at the same time.
Please consider volunteering to usher. To sign up, click this link.
Advent Study 2021 ~ offered via Zoom
THE JOURNEY – Walking the Road to Bethlehem
by Adam Hamilton
Mondays from 7pm – 8:15pm November 22 – December 20.
Pastor Adam Hamilton will take us on an exciting journey through the Holy Land which retraces step made during that first Christmas. You will look with fresh eyes and ears as you seek a deeper understanding of what the Christmas story means to us today.
- If you are interested in participating, please sign up on the sign-up sheet outside the church office, on the JUMC website or contact Barb Pettengill at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 788-7112.
- Note: If you want to participate, but are not comfortable with Zoom, please let Barb Pettengill, Tom Taber (email@example.com) or Laurie Runnerstrom (firstname.lastname@example.org) know and we can work to figure something out…
JUMC Outreach Mission of the Month for December is:
Outreach has a bin on the Joys and Concerns table for Holiday Food Donations for the Food Pantry. Individual Boy Scout troops are having small drives for the Pantry, but the big Food Drive by the Boy Scouts is not happening this year. This food drive always kept the pantry shelves stocked for the holidays and will be missed.
The pantry has requested the following items for the month of December:
- Boxed Potatoes (mashed, au gratin and scalloped)
- Food for the holiday- Stuffing Mix, Canned/Jar Gravy, Cranberry Sauce,
- Baking Supplies
- Hearty/Chunky Soups & Stews
- Canned Tomato Products (whole, peeled, crushed, diced, tomato sauce and tomato paste)
- Baby Wipes, Size 4 Diapers
- Hand Soap, Bar Soap, Shampoo, Paper Towels
Many, many thanks for your support of the Pantry!
Please bring your redeemable soda cans/bottles to Fellowship Hall to donate to the mission of the month. Remove the pop tops from the soda cans and save for Shriner’s Hospital. These little pop tops mount up to pounds of aluminum!
Thank you for participating in JUMC Outreach efforts. As you consider giving, be encouraged by clicking on the links below to see the impact we are making in our community.