Welcome to Jonesville
We seek to find harmony with God, each other, ourselves, and creation by following Jesus’ example.
We discover community through education, service, Sunday services, and fun experiences for all ages.
We seek to encourage acts of love, service, and justice in our community, local and worldwide.
We welcome your visit and your inquiries. If you have no faith community to call home, we invite you to participate with us and make Jonesville UMC your church home!
Anything Good? (John 1:43-51)
Nathanael said to him, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?” Phillip said to him, “Come and see.” (John 1:46)
Nazareth was a tiny little rural town where nothing great would have been expected by people. When Jesus was introduced as “Jesus from Nazareth,” he didn’t draw any attention from anybody. Nathanael’s expression, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?” seems to show his disrespect, indifference, or insult to the person from that town. But when Nathanael confronted Jesus, he saw something special in that person, Jesus. What did he see? Do you have anything special like Jesus has? Anything good?
Come and join us in Jonesville UMC at 9:30am on Sunday or meet us in the streaming service at Jonesvilleumc.org at the same time.
A Disciple’s Heart: Growing in Love and Grace
Click here to sign up for one of the 4 church-wide Lenten Study 6 week sessions offered via Zoom.
- Class #1: Led by Youngjae Jee on Thursday evenings @7PM starting 2/18
- Class#2: Led by Gerry Pfeiffer and Tom Taber on Friday evenings @7PM starting 2/19
- Class#3: Led by Barb Pettengill & Laurie Runnerstom on Sunday mornings @10:30AM starting 2/21
- Class#4: Led by Vicki Vanderveen on Sunday evenings @7PM starting 2/21
JUMC is open for in person services
We need volunteers each week. Please click on the link below to sign up.
- Ushers – 2 needed
- Contact Tracing Registrars – 2 needed
- Temperature Takers – 1 needed
We are closely following the NY Governor’s and Church Conference Guidelines. Please contact the church with any questions and leave a message. We will return messages.
Click here to see policy and guidelines including:
- Worship and Sunday School screening process
- Safety protocols for children
- Worship and Sunday School guidelines
JUMC Outreach Mission for January is CAPTAIN
CAPTAIN Community Human Services provides programs and services to address homelessness and poverty in our own local community.
- The Emergency Pantry provides food and personal care items to needy families
- Cheryl’s Lodge delivers meals to qualifying children in the Shenendehowa School district and offers homework help and tutoring.
- Family Assistance provides help to families struggling with utilities – heat and electricity.
- Malta Youth Shelter accommodates homeless and troubled teens.
If you can help, please go to the website www.jonesvilleumc.org to donate online (click on the donate now link and scroll down to JUMC outreach and enter your donation in the space provided). Checks can be sent to the church and should note “January Mission of the Month”.
Please bring your redeemable soda cans/bottles to Fellowship Hall to donate to the mission of the month. Remove the pop tops from the soda cans and save for Shriner’s Hospital. These little pop tops mount up to pounds of aluminum!
If anyone has soda cans/ bottles that they would like to have returned but are unable or do not want to bring to the church, please call Barb Phillips. She will pick them up and donate the money to the Mission of the Month. Call 518-527-8591.